Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas!

Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas

Thank you for visiting our site!

The Saltwater Club of Central Texas represents hobbyists in the Killeen, Temple, Ft. Hood, Waco and surrounding areas. We are along the I35 corridor, centrally located between Dallas and Austin.

If you are new here, please register and introduce yourself. Any and all aquarium hobbyists are welcome to register and participate regardless of geographic location. The more the merrier! Tell us about your saltwater experience, and your current or pending setup, and feel free to ask any questions.

If you are already a member login and tell us what's new. We're here to help if we can. Club growth and assisting the reefing community is our goal.

Forum Club Membership Benefits Interested in becoming a sponsor? Registration or activation problems? Forgot your password?

I suppose you are wondering where all the cool livestock and equipment that was promised for sale or trade is?

Well... Login or Register and find out!

Author Topic: Free: Crown Conch  (Read 195 times)

Faron

• Stay salty my friends!
  • Administrator
    • 125 Gallon
    • Mixed Reef
Free: Crown Conch
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
I was supposed to be getting a fighting conch.  It turned out to be a Crown Conch, and he destroyed my snail population.  He's chilln in my sump atm waiting for a new home. 

Despite its common name, the Crown Conch (Melongena corona) is not a true conch. While true conchs are herbivorous scavengers that feed only on plant matter, Crown Conchs are predatory. They feed on snails (including other Crown Conchs) and bivalves like clams and oysters. They should be fed by stocking the aquarium with small live snails and clams for them to feed upon regularly.

Crown Conchs are not considered Reef Safe due to their diet and possibly clumsy large adult size. While they can make an interesting addition to a marine aquarium, they should not be kept with ornamental snails or bivalves.

- 2015 That Fish Place

Shoot me a PM or hit me up if you're interested.