Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas!

Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas

Thank you for visiting our site!

The Saltwater Club of Central Texas represents hobbyists in the Killeen, Temple, Ft. Hood, Waco and surrounding areas. We are along the I35 corridor, centrally located between Dallas and Austin.

If you are new here, please register and introduce yourself. Any and all aquarium hobbyists are welcome to register and participate regardless of geographic location. The more the merrier! Tell us about your saltwater experience, and your current or pending setup, and feel free to ask any questions.

If you are already a member login and tell us what's new. We're here to help if we can. Club growth and assisting the reefing community is our goal.

Forum Club Membership Benefits Interested in becoming a sponsor? Registration or activation problems? Forgot your password?

Author Topic: Just moved to killeen  (Read 564 times)

ggreene66

Just moved to killeen
« on: March 03, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »
Hello, fellow reefers! Just moved to Killeen last month from Tucson. Im not new to saltwater as ive had a number of reef tanks in arizona. I do however still consider myself a novice in the saltwater game. Before i moved i had a 105 rimless mixed reef but unfortunately i had to sell before the move. Just ordered an innovative marine lagoon 25 from aqua pets and birds here in Killeen. Any advice about this tank and setup would be appreciated. Any advice or input on what filtration you guys recommend for this tank? Thank you and happy reefing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo

• Zoas and Beer
  • Administrator
    • 58 Gallon
    • Mixed Reef
Re: Just moved to killeen
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:29:42 AM »
Welcome aboard!

No experience with that tank, but you are in good hands with Lana.

As soon as we resume meetings you'll be able to see different folks setups and maybe get some additional ideas.
58g mixed  |  29g anemone   |  72g bowfront   |  ALWAYS DIP NEW CORALS, NO MATTER WHO/WHERE YOU GOT THEM FROM.

Faron

• Stay salty my friends!
  • Administrator
    • 125 Gallon
    • Mixed Reef
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Welcome to the club!

That is a very nice aquarium.  I have no experience with that setup, as well.  The videos I watched showed it as an all in one system.  Did you get the stand with it? 

ggreene66

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yea it is an all in one system. I cant wait to get started on it. The tank is finally here and i will be picking up tomorrow. I did have the opportunity to talk to lana on the phone a couple times and she is absolutely great! She been nothing but curteous and welcoming... even with me bugging her evey other day asking if my tank has arrived haha! To answer your question i did not get the stand with it but I have a pretty sturdy stand already.

ReefMedic68W

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yea it is an all in one system. I cant wait to get started on it. The tank is finally here and i will be picking up tomorrow. I did have the opportunity to talk to lana on the phone a couple times and she is absolutely great! She been nothing but curteous and welcoming... even with me bugging her evey other day asking if my tank has arrived haha! To answer your question i did not get the stand with it but I have a pretty sturdy stand already.

Any updates!?

^
anything