Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas!

Welcome to S.C.C.T., the Saltwater Club of Central Texas

Thank you for visiting our site!

The Saltwater Club of Central Texas represents hobbyists in the Killeen, Temple, Ft. Hood, Waco and surrounding areas. We are along the I35 corridor, centrally located between Dallas and Austin.

If you are new here, please register and introduce yourself. Any and all aquarium hobbyists are welcome to register and participate regardless of geographic location. The more the merrier! Tell us about your saltwater experience, and your current or pending setup, and feel free to ask any questions.

If you are already a member login and tell us what's new. We're here to help if we can. Club growth and assisting the reefing community is our goal.

Forum Club Membership Benefits Interested in becoming a sponsor? Registration or activation problems? Forgot your password?

Author Topic: Alasg001 75gallon Tank version 2.0  (Read 2303 times)

Hellfish

• Black Beard Aquatics
    • 270 Gallon
    • Mixed Reef
Re: Alasg001 75gallon Tank version 2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »
Looks very nice bro, i like the white wash haha...

270 mixed reef tank

alasg001

• 75 Gallon
    • FOWLR
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 02:33:54 AM »
More about the tank from the last year.  Well I had stopped feeding Kent liquid stuff and and dosing multiple additives as I wanted to see how a "cleaner" tank would be.   I'm guessing that caused my clam to die.  It was growing and doing great until then.  Over the past year I fed my anemonies about 20 silversides total and they were fine with that.  The orange Lobo was doing great until I moved it from the top of the tank away from my anemone.  I think the flow was to strong at its new location and it closed up.  Its now at the bottom and seems to have perked up a bit.  Weird because it looks like it had babies or split and I have two smaller round ones growing beside it on the same rock.  Now that the reteri anemone is gone what should I do with his rock?  Not sure what corals to stick to it.  Anyone have any nice SPS?  My wife wants a hippo tang now so I may have to make further changes to filtering/skimming.  I really don't want to add a sump, but I may have if she insist on getting a new fish.  My female clown fish didn't like a new Picasso and I think she scared it out of the tank.  Its now dried up and feeding my plant in the same room.   :RIP:  After a couple years my Mandarine is now missing and I assume its worm food.  I had a fire worm problem and just kept pulling them out, and have not seen one for a long while.  All the glass anemonies I had disappeared when I added a Anemone eating file fish from Petco.  My dottyback that I captured jumped back into the tank and is again a model citizen so I kept it.  The led lights work well and seem to be good for the tank.  I still just add distilled water for evaporation.  I'm planning on doing my first water change since forever in a couple weeks.  I'll be using that boxed natural sea water.  Hopefully it doesn't jack anything up.  Wish me luck.  I can bring in a sample of my water to this Januarys meeting to see what my parameters are before the water change, and at the next one bring in another sample to see any changes.

alasg001

• 75 Gallon
    • FOWLR
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 04:44:56 AM »
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp327/alasg001/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170122_060139627.jpg
Alasg001 75gallon Tank version 2.0

ok something knocked some orange zoas off my rocks since my last post so here is an updated photo of the tank.  hopefully it's better.